A home gadget that alerts patients when they need medical help!
• chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
• lung cancer
• heart attack or heart failure
• congenital heart defects
Pulse oximetry is used in numerous cases, such as:
• to assess how well a new lung medication is working
• to evaluate whether someone needs help breathing
• to evaluate how helpful a ventilator is
• to monitor oxygen levels during or after surgical procedures that require sedation
• to determine how effective supplemental oxygen therapy is, especially when treatment is new.
• to assess someone’s ability to tolerate increased physical activity
• to evaluate whether someone momentarily stops breathing while sleeping — like in cases of sleep apnea — during a sleep study
During a pulse oximetry reading, a small clamp-like device is placed on a finger. Small beams of light pass through the blood, measuring the amount of oxygen. It does this by measuring changes of light absorption in oxygenated or deoxygenated blood. This is a painless process. The pulse oximeter will thus be able to tell you your oxygen saturation levels along with your heart rate.
Good to know: Due to high demand we are now running low on this product. Try and place your order while supplies last! If we run out of stock please check back in 2-3 months.
Got a question? Contact our amazing customer service team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share for good karma ;)